Throughout the Upper North Island, DB Consulting Engineers have become the preferred Geotechnical Consultant of many firms.
We now have teams in Auckland and the Waikato who can carry out soil investigations from the basic NZS3604 soils assessments and inspections through to complex geotechnical investigation and engineering. Our Chartered Geotechnical Engineer peer reviews all soils, storm water and waste water design work and undertakes complex slope assessments, design work and civil requests.
DB Consulting Engineers Geotechnical division includes:
- Hamilton and Taupo teams consisting of Senior Chartered CPEng Geotechnical Engineers, intermediate engineers and site technicians
- A purpose built, highly mobile, Geotechnical investigation truck and crew
Our Geotechnical leaders are:
- Michael Richardson (CPEng), who has a long history of economical geotechnical problem solving in New Zealand.
- Sheikh Muhammad Ferdous (CEng) 20 years of hands-on experience in complex infrastructure projects especially in geotechnical aspects.
With this team we cover a huge range of work:
- Site testing and documentation to comply with NZS 3604. Where sites do not comply we have are able to offer foundation solutions that comply under Building Code B1.
- CPT to 20 m
- Sampling down to 20 m.
- Pore water pressure
- Subsoil investigation
- Ground improvement
- Raft foundations
- Pile foundations
- Ground anchorage
- Liquefaction issues
- Slope stabilization including soil nailing, and rock anchoring
- Retaining wall systems
- ‘Top down’ retaining walls for basement construction
Please contact us to see where we can help with your project.