Any current vacancies for Engineering positions in Taupo, Waikato, Thames/Coromandel, Auckland or the Bay of Plenty will be listed here. If there are no current vacancies listed please contact us with your CV so that we can keep your details on file for any future positions.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Residential/Commercial/Industrial)
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Waikato Region team, based in Hamilton.
We believe in work/life balance, so as long as the work gets done and the client/team’s needs are covered, we have flexible work hours so you can enjoy a life outside of work.
The purpose of this role is to assist your team in achieving a client’s engineering brief and design the geotechnical/structural/civil engineering elements of the job. This role will have several jobs on at any one stage and you will be responsible for ensuring your scheduled workload is completed and meets the deadlines agreed with the client. Good communication skills are essential, as we must communicate with our clients early in the project if there has been any delay which will affect their due date. This enables them to re-schedule their programmes.
Bachelor of Engineering (or similar Washington Accord accredited degree),
Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng, can be transferred internationally)
The successful applicant will be able to show a depth of NZbased experience with civil engineering and design, or a similar depth of experience in another country having similar systems.
S/he will be fluent in written and verbal English, and be able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, tradespeople and Council officers. Attention to detail and accuracy are important, as is the ability to use initiative, adhere to deadlines, and self-manage.
Must be able to produce a high level of accuracy on all engineering documents submitted for Peer Review. S/he will have a keen interest in their own personal development in the profession along with the development and coaching of team members, maintain CPD and update their personal Eng NZ records, and be able to integrate with and be an integral part of a team of
1. Liaise with clients during the process and agree scope of the project and fees
2. Geotechnical testing, analysing and reporting
3. Mentoring and supporting team members in growing their expertise
4. Provide design of soils solutions including retaining walls, soils assessments, slope stability, wastewater and storm water.
5. Liaise successfully with clients, designers, architects and council when required.
6. Back up any onsite work including both civil/Geotech inspections and basic structural inspections
7. Provide civil and structural working drawings using CAD (beneficial, not critical)
8. Use Microsoft Excel and Word as well as Adobe Acrobat/working with pdf’s
9. Keep current with Eng NZ, Council and national standards regarding construction.
10. Maintain a continuous awareness of and adherence to HSW2015 and organisational health and safety requirements.
Overseas applicants must already have a NZ Work Visa (or be in process), and have the intention to apply for permanent
residence. Any offer of employment will be conditional on the applicant having the right to work in NZ.
Applications: CV’s must be emailed only.
A job description may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org